Friday, June 1, 2012

Clifton Garrett Chat

The Buckeyes are after quite a group of 2014 LB's.  Clifton Garrett is a big-time ILB prospect out of Plainfield, IL and is very high on that list of 2014 LB's.  Garrett recently listed Ohio State as the leader for his services, but that's not why we're here to talk.

Other Buckeye pages focus on recruiting and asking questions simply about recruiting.  I want us to get to know the prospects for who they are and not just where they stand in the recruiting process.  We've all heard the famous, "You win with people" quote from Woody.  Well, I want Buckeye Nation to know the people; and that's what I'm hoping this will do.

Garrett agreed to chat with me about himself, and this is the conversation that took place:

JM: To start off, when and why did you start playing football?

CG: I started in 7th grade, and I wanted to give it a try because I was always bigger than everyone else.  I started playing, and ever since then I fell in love with the game.

JM: I noticed in film that you seem to enjoy punishing defenders.  What's your favorite part about playing football?

CG: Yes, I love hitting hard, but my favorite part is playing with my friends and winning!

JM: Do you have any kind of pre game rituals that you believe in?

CG: Yeah, I take a nap then I wake an hour before I leave, eat subway, watch Ray Lewis and Patrick Willis, and then I listin to music untill gametime.

JM: Do you notice that you're any more vocal on the field than you are when you're not playing football?

CG: Oh yeah, I definitely try to be a leader on and off the field.

JM: What motivates you in the offseason?

CG: My teammates, family, the drive to win, and the fans.

JM: What are your team and individual goals in high school, and what are your team and individual goals in college?

CG: Well my team goals now are to win our confrence and go to state. My goals are to be an All-American, All-Confrence, and lead the team in tackles.

JM: What area of your game are you trying improve most, and why that area?

CG: Speed and foot work because college coaches love both, and I feel like that would make me a complete backer.

JM: Last question, what's one thing you want Buckeye Nation to know about you?

CG: I'm a player that wants to win, so IF I go to OSU I will be a player that will fight to the end and give my all for my teammates and coaches.


I want to thank Clifton for spending time to share some insight with The Buckeye Board.

Clifton Garrett
247 Sports Profile
Rivals Profile

Garrett's film (below) shows why he has earned an offer from The Ohio State University after just his sophomore year of high school.  He has good speed, gets squared up, and drives through ball carriers.  He has two full years of high school left to improve on his talents, but he already shows the ability to be an elite LB.

Highlight Video (Sophomore Year):

No comments:

Post a Comment