Thursday, May 17, 2012

Sitting Down With: Isaac Copeland

If you are a Ohio State Basketball fan you know that Coach Matta loves athletic players who can play multiple postions on the court.  The next player that could fit that role for the Buckeyes is Isaac Copeland.  Copeland is a 2014 6'9 Forward from Raleigh North Carolina who will be playing ball next season at the Miller School in Virginia.  Isaac missed some time last season playing for the Ravenscroft School due to an injury but he cannot wait to show the world what he can do on the court.  I had the chance to catch up with Isaac and ask him a few questions.


How is the AAU season going so far?

It's been going well, we have played in Las Vegas and Atlanta so far.

Who is the best player you have had a chance to go against so far in AAU?

Kasey Hill

What parts of your game do you think are your strongest?

I would say running the floor, blocking shots and being able to score from inside and out.

Anything you would like to improve on?

I would like to get stronger, work on my ball handling and I would like to make my 3 point shot more consistent.

What NBA player would you compare your game to?

Kevin Durant

What are your expectations of this upcoming season as a player/teammate?

I just look to be a key part of the team especially since I missed most of last season due to a injury.  I expect our team to be really good and contend for a State Championship.

How is recruiting going?  Who has offered, who is after you the hardest?

Right now I have offers from East Carolina, American, Furman & Buffalo.  I am starting to recieve intrest from Florida State, North Carolina State, Wichita State & Wake Forest.  Out of those schools I would say North Carolina State and Wake Forest are coming the hardest.

What are you looking for in a University?

A place with good academics.  A coaching staff i'm close with and a great atmosphere twords basketball.

I have heard you are now on the Ohio State radar.  Have you been in contact with any coaches?

I haven't talked to any coaches myself but they have been in contact with my Dad and Coach West from Garner Road (AAU).

What comes to mind when you think of The Ohio State University?

One of the best programs in the country that is always in the running for a National Championship.




The Buckeye Board would like to thank Isaac Copeland for his time. Remember to keep checking back for future updates.  Follow me @BuckeyeBoardCD

No comments:

Post a Comment