Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Get To Know: Nigel Hayes

Ohio is full of basketball talent in the 2013 class.  One of those talented prospects is Nigel Hayes.  Nigel is a 6'7 Power Forward out of Toledo,Ohio (Whitmer Hs).  If the Hayes last name sounds familiar it is because his older brother is Kenny Hayes a Defensive Lineman for the Ohio State Football team.  I had the plessure to sit down and ask Nigel a few questions on subjects such as his upcoming season to recruiting.
     

How is the AAU season going so far?

It's going alright so far.  It's not as good as we'd like, but we're heading in the right direction.

You guys (Whitmer) had a great season last year only to come up short of a State Title.  Has that made your team closer?

Yes it has.  We were already a group of brothers before the season began and with the long season we had, just made it better.

What are you expecting out of this upcoming season as a player/teammate?

As a player I'm expecting to improve tremendously as a player and improve my stock as a prospect.  As a teammate I'm trying to be the best one possible and do anything my team needs to win.

What College or NBA player would you say your game compares to?

I really don't have an answer to that.  I think it could vary depending on the game and how I play that day.

How is recruiting going?  Who has offered, who is coming after you the hardest?

Recruiting is going real smooth right now.  Some of my offers include Wisconsin, Xavier, Butler, Cincinnati and LaSalle.

With a brother who has already went through the recruiting process, has he gave you any advice on how you should handle the process?

Ken has helped me out here and there with the little tips on how to handle the coaches and the business side of recruiting.

Any visits lined up?

Currently I don't have any visits planned but as time goes on plans may be made.

What are you looking for in a University?

In a University I'm looking for things such as good academics and a great,caring coaching staff.

Has Ohio State been in touch lately?

Ohio State has not recently been in contact with me.

When you think of The Ohio State University, what comes to mind?

When I think of OSU, I think of my families favorite school.  My parents have been fans since forever and now my brother plays Football for them.




The Buckeye Board & I would like to thank Nigel Hayes for taking time to sit down with me.  Everyone should keep an eye out for this prospect.  As always any comments or questions can be sent to me at BBRecruiting@Ymail.com or follow me on Twitter @BuckeyeBoardCD

No comments:

Post a Comment